Afraid

By nr87 Latest Activity April 5 at 2:01 pm Views 231 Replies 3 Likes 1

nr87

Recently, I feel like I'm spiraling out of control. I'm a good person but it seems like people are always hurting me. I do not want to grow cold. Recently I had an miscarriage and found out that he was also cheating. He told me he was single yet we were in fact together. I feel like I'm just coping now. I blocked him from all outlets. How do you cope with depression and lonliness? I'm afraid to talk about it because people are only saying it'll get better and pray on it. I'm not against prayer but how can I introduce myself to a doctor without feeling ashamed?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA April 21 at 8:34 pm   

HI nr87, great to meet you. I really appreciate that you shared this with us. I am so sorry to hear about how people have disappointed you, and about your miscarriage. You have had a lot to deal with. I really encourage you to reach out for help. Asking for help is one of the bravest things you can do — there is nothing to be ashamed of. We all need help sometimes. And a doctor or mental health professional is trained to be supportive, and to not judge you. I hope you will get some help. Take good care of yourself, my friend.

• the rising
    the rising April 12 at 12:51 pm   

Hey you need not feel ashamed about anything rather you need to be proud about taking strong decisions . Take care stay in touch @nr87 and @SM47

• SM47
    SM47 April 9 at 7:06 pm   

Hello nr87. I've just joined the site hoping to talk about and get help with my depression and anxiety. Like yourself I have been hurt countless times by so called friends.I'm so sorry to hear that you recently had a miscarriage, the heartache is overwhelming I know ( my partner had a miscarriage some years ago). It shows that you have some inner strength to have blocked your partner out of your life and didn't crumble to his lies. I too suffer from major depression as well as social anxiety and o.c.d. Yes loneliness is hard to cope with I struggle on a daily basis with mine and I can also relate to friends comments and so called advice as to 'you'll get over it' and 'try not to worry' ( easier said than done). Please don't feel ashamed or scared to talk to someone about your feelings, I know it is a big step and I know there is a big stigma attached to our conditions but I guarantee that you are not the first and you won't be the last person that your doctor has seen with depression symptoms. If you don't feel comfortable discussing how you feel with him then ask to speak to a female nurse/ practitioner. Above all remember that you are not alone, you made the first and biggest step by asking for help on here. I myself have been through a lot of emotional rollercoaster so if you just need to chat and vent some anger at a complete stranger then I'd be more than happy to listen.
    Take care and remember you're not alone.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar