Depression and Menopause

By kinna Latest Activity May 2 at 10:18 pm Views 282 Replies 1 Likes 1

kinna

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for years.Been on meds off and on.Now that I'm in menopause is has gotten worse.I have no friends they always seem to get upset with me and leave.I reacently started a relationship and was told that I'm the ugliest woman he has dated.I cry everyday.I'm too tired to even try for treatment Is it possible to do some things on my own without going to doctors

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA May 5 at 2:34 pm   

HI kina, it is good to meet you. I am glad you are here, I really am. And I am so sorry to hear what you have been through, that you have been so unsupported. There are some very unkind people in the world, but there are also lots of really great people. I hope you will continue to find people to get connected with. You might check into the support groups on www.nami.org, the website of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, they have a nationwide listing of support groups. I also hope you will treatment another chance. A skilled therapist could help you a lot. Take care of yourself my friend. Reach out for help. And stay in touch with us. You are not alone.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar