Be careful who trust on this website: catfish story

By Kottonkandiexo Latest Activity May 31 at 7:23 pm Views 265 Replies 5 Likes 1

Kottonkandiexo

I'm going give a brief story of someone I met on here on depression connect when it was depression connect app. This is to warn others on who you trust and talk to online . I have delt with depression and suicidal ideation. This person contacted me on here then it moved into conversations on Kik then texting . To make the story brief the person is pretending be someone else and not person in the photos or the identity they claim. This person tries gain your trust. Never trust someone online no matter how nice they may seem because this person plays this as a game for fun. This person pretends to be a male in his 20s named Jesse . His Kik is ghost21face. He will mostly likely try talk to women. When I found out the person was catfish he changed his number then laughed about it. He may still have account on here with same username . As warning do not trust people online because you never know who they are or true intentions it's better call the crisis line or talk to therapist . Because there are cruel people in this world Who look to harm people for fun

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (5 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • nan325
    nan325 June 13 at 1:21 pm   

Thank you, for this warning.
    I've been getting Depress Connects' emails for a long time now, and just now decided to join the online community. Having been married to someone, (divorced for years now), who made my life a living hell, and still tries to get a reaction of any kind from me, (but never will), I can relate to the problem of those who will try to target some of us specifically, or someone like us. It's a horrible shame when you feel you have to take every precaution to protect yourself from further abuse, harassment, pain, etc., but it's been my reality for so long now, it's almost second nature. I decided to join because I've been suffering alone for years now. The loneliness of having lost my closest family and friends due to this persons smear campaign have more than devastated me, and I find myself isolating more and more versus trying to find things I "fit" into when I don't feel I fit anywhere. As a result it's become my way of life to not trust someone until they've proven they're trustworthy, which is hard to do on line. I often wonder if not for my 24/7 companion, my dog, if I'd still be here today, and that scares me.
    Either way, I'm here now and I'm hoping it will be a more positive thing for me moreso than negative, as well as for anyone here who's here for genuine help and to help others like me if I can.
    Thank you again, it's a good reminder to always be couscous.

• SRP281
    SRP281 June 11 at 10:21 pm   

I appreciate the warning. That was a kind thing to do.

• Dr GaryCA June 3 at 10:48 pm   

Hi Kottonkandiexo, nice to meet you. And I am glad you are here. But also very sorry you had this experience. Unfortunately, as you said so well, people are not always who they say they are. Always a good idea to keep within the discussions, where we have guidelines and monitoring. There are troubled people in the world who seem to need to hurt other people.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous June 1 at 3:19 pm   

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I too have had a few negative experiences with people I have met online. I kept trying to find a few real friends and I did I have found 3 one from this site we have been friends for a year now and I have flown to visit so we could meet face to face. It was overwhelming for me because this person really has helped me and I have have helped them. We still text a few times a week its very important for both of us. So there are good people its just being able to figure out which ones are worthy.

• Kottonkandiexo
    Kottonkandiexo June 2 at 11:31 pm   

I'm glad you had positive experience because I never can trust someone online again. This person ran this scam for 3 1/2 years. Always had same number but as soon as I ask if they are catfish they change their number and delete all accounts. I told this person very personal things this sick individual was just playing a game for fun.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar