New

By BrigSS Latest Activity October 12 at 12:13 pm Views 417 Replies 6

BrigSS

How to be happy in a house of five people? Daughter is the hardest . She’s a teen, add, oppositional defiance disorder , hubby next , unaffectionate, not a team player , doesn’t help with home stuff all the time , son a bit lazy but tries to stay under the radar :) (middle
Child) toddler learning still :) me- anxiety, fibromyalgia, stay at home
Mom,

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (6 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA October 12 at 1:25 pm   

HI Brig, it's great to meet you. I am glad you found your way to Depression Connect. Welcome, my friend. I am really sorry to hear you are dealing with so much at home. From what you described in your post, it sounds like you are under a lot of pressure as a mom, and don't get a lot of support from your husband. Again, I am sorry to hear this. And while living with anxiety and fibro as well. Sounds like you need some support, for one thing. Is it possible for you to talk with a mental health professional? A therapist could help you get some fresh perspective on the situation at home, and with your help, and teach you some new ways to cope. That could help a lot. You might also go to your daughter's school and ask to meet with a school counselor. Schools counselors are trained mental health professionals and they understand the students you work with. A school counselor might be able to give you some ideas for how to handle your daughter's behavior. Something to consider. I suspect you have tried to talk to your husband about how you feel, but it can't hurt to keep trying to see if you can help him to understand that you need more of his support. Do you have any friends or family members you can talk with? That could also help a lot. And I hope you will stay in touch with us. Let us know how you're doing. You are not alone!

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar