Can depression be caused by food sensitivity?

By janewince Latest Activity November 3 at 12:31 am Views 203 Replies 2

janewince

Hey!! I'm suffering from irritable bowel symptom. It's pretty hard as my tummy growls after eating and drinking anything. I have been eating only porridge and egg for the past few weeks. This is affecting my mood badly. I can't hang around with my friends because of this irritable bowel syndrome. I'm under depression because of these and I don't know what to do. I have consulted many doctors and has taken medications but there is no change in my situation.
Recently I read an article in which they say depression is one of the symptoms of food sensitivity. Also, they have mentioned by avoiding or limiting certain foods can improve overall digestive health. My mom asked me to undergo food sensitivity test from a clinic in Toronto ( http://www.coloncleansetoronto.ca/services/fo... ). She said that this test can help in identifying the food that causes trouble for me. What's the relation between food sensitivity and depression? Has anyone here with depression suffer from food sensitivity? Does any food cause depression? Please share your wisdom regarding this. Thanks!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • voyancedirect
    voyancedirect November 13 at 12:03 am   

Yeah I agree with you Clemenheart.

• Clementheart
    Clementheart November 5 at 7:53 pm   

This is something that I haven't researched a lot, but would like to. I have found that I feel so much better (like significantly) when I cut way down on sugary treats. Actually, the difference in cutting most of the refined sugar out of my diet was incredible… if only I had the self control right now to do it again! I recommend trying the sensitivity test to see if it gives you some helpful information. Fingers crossed that you will be able to get to the bottom of it! Best wishes to you!

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar