Hi I am bipolar and looking for support

By solitude Latest Activity November 25 at 9:38 pm Views 157 Replies 3 Likes 1

solitude

Hi, I used to be on Bipolar Connect and awhile back the site was shut down. I just got through a major depressive episode. I am feeling much bettter. I feel so blessed when I feel well. I was on this site many years ago and do come on from time to time. I enjoy the discussions and hope I can find support here and support others.
Most of the people in my life do not support me. I do not get manic episodes very often. I think I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I seee a Psychiatrist and used to see a Therapist regularly but now having inxurance issues. I have a nice husband who understands my illness beter since he lived with me for so long. I have two lovely young adult daughters. Anyway, I am hoping to connect with some people again on here. I recognize some names from years ago. Happy Holidays All!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Lady Glitter Sparkles
    Lady Glitter Sparkles December 7 at 12:37 pm   

Hi solitude, I'm new to this site and am also looking for support. I'm sorry to hear you just had a major depressive episode and are having insurance issues. I must say though that I'm a tad envious that your husband understands your illness - I guess that comes with time, right? - my husband is patient, but can't even begin to understand what I'm going through and often times makes it worse. I just started on my journey to feeling like "me" again or better yet, acknowledging that I'm not okay and seeking help and support.

• Dr GaryCA November 29 at 6:29 pm   

Hi solitude, it is great to see you, my friend. Welcome!!! I am sorry to hear about the depressive episode and glad you are dong better. Sounds like you have a supportive of family, I remember your posts about your family from Bipolar Connect. So important to have a supportive family. I am sad to hear about the insurance issues, you are not alone there. I hope you will stay in touch and keep the connection going. And Happy Holidays to you!

• solitude
    solitude December 2 at 8:44 pm   

Hi Dr. GAry,

Thank you for replying. WOW! It sure is very hard to see such little replies on here. This site used to be so active. Maybe members have just found other support or are nto wriitng. Thanks for responding. I sure hope you are doing well. You have been such a great friend over the years. Happy Holidays..I will be on touch.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar