I really want to escape from anxiety disorder - Please help!

By jacobaa123 Latest Activity December 8 at 4:14 am Views 583 Replies 1

jacobaa123

I have been battling with my anxiety disorder for the past two years. Two years back, my daughter died in a car accident driven by me. I am afraid to drive the car from then onwards. I am not able to sleep at night. I woke up in the middle of the night seeing bad nightmares. And I am afraid to fall asleep. I feel fatigue and my body shivers due to anxiety. My blood sugar level goes higher.

I really want to escape from this. I asked my friend to help me get rid of the anxiety disorder. Seeing my condition, he suggested me having ( http://www.drmtherapy.com/individual-therapy/... ) anxiety disorder treatment from a clinic in Toronto. I have scheduled an appointment from the same clinic. If you guys have any idea regarding anxiety treatment, please do share your suggestions.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA December 14 at 8:52 pm   

Hey jacobaa, it's really nice to meet you. I am glad your friend encouraged you to get some treatment. A licensed mental health professional will sit down with you and talk about what's been going on and how you are feeling, and formulate a diagnosis, and then work with you on a treatment plan for the way forward. What you are experiencing is treatable. I am so glad you have an appointment to talk with someone. You have been through so much, my friend. The bravest thing you can do is to acknowledge that you may need some help in coping and then reaching out for that help. I encourage you to talk about the accident and how you have been coping since then, and the symptoms that you are experiencing. The more you tell about this situation, the more the mental health professional will be able to help you. Take good care of yourself, my friend. And please keep us posted on how you're doing. You are not alone.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar