Feeling like I am worth nothing anymore.

By Nay2869 Latest Activity January 10 at 3:01 am Views 635 Replies 2

Nay2869

My name is Renee', I am 48 and I am a single mother of 4 children who I love with all my heart, I am also a Grandmother to 2 amazing grandsons with another Grandbaby on the way coming in the summer. I have had depression for some time now and right now I feel like I am slowly loosing the battle. I feel alone and that nothing matters. I am scared and don't really have anyone to talk to. One of my sons live with me, but so does his girlfriend who is also pregnant, and well she is one of the reasons why I am slowly loosing it here at home. My son doesn't seem the same anymore and doesn't seem like Mom doesn't matter much anymore. I feel like I am being taken advantage of and I honestly Don't know what to do anymore. I am seriously at my wits end because I don't know how to get things right for me.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • trying to overcome
    trying to overcome March 15 at 6:29 am   

Hi, I hope you are feeling better. I couldn't sleep tonight, and just started crying from all of the stress and pressures of my illness and life. Feelings are always changing, they come and go. I'm glad you posted this, sometimes it helps just to write it down and get it off your chest. I hope that you reach out to a professional when you're faced with the types of situations that you just can't handle anymore on your own. You are not alone! From the replies that I've read tonight, there are alot of really nice people on this site. Take care.

• Dr GaryCA January 11 at 10:50 pm   

Hi Renee,

It's good to meet you. I am glad you found your way to Depression Connect.

It sounds like you are in a difficult position, not being treated well in your own home.

I think it would help to talk to a counselor. If that is at all possible. Are you getting some help?

Here is a link to an article I wrote awhile back about finding help:

http://www.depressionconnect.com/discussions/...

You might also look for a support group of some kind. Alanon groups can be helpful for someone in your situation, even though your son doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem. There are a lot of supportive people there who could talk to you about setting limits. You might also check out the support groups listed on www.nami.org.

I really encourage you to talk to a mental health professional if you aren't already doing that. It could help a lot. You need some more support.

If you have a regular doctor, you could also tell him/her what's going on and see if they have any suggestions.

Don't go through this alone. And stay in touch with us. Let us know how you are doing, my friend.

Gary

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar