i'm new

By ajs929 Latest Activity January 19 at 1:23 am Views 2,501 Replies 25

ajs929

Hello everyone I'm Arielle and I'm 20 years old and I've come to this site for support and hopefully I can help someone as well. I have depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD. Lately my depression has been really bad and I feel the people around me getting frustrated with me or impatient because all I do is work then come home and sleep or just lie in bed. I do see my doctor but I just feel like I need all the support I can get.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (25 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA March 8 at 12:47 pm   

Hi Arielle! It is great to meet you. So glad you found your way to us. Sounds like you have so much going on. I am sorry to hear the depression is so hard on you right now. I just have to ask: Are you in touch with your doctor? I hope he/she is aware of how you're feeling. Also wondering if you are working with a therapist. If not, it could really help a lot to have a supportive place to go to on a regular basis to talk things out, get an objective perspective, along with some ideas for how to cope. Medication and therapy can be a helpful one-two punch when you are experiencing mental illness. Sounds like you isolating yourself a lot, not uncommon for someone who is living with depression. When my clients are in this situation, it has been helpful for them to give themselves gentle pushes to stay involved in their lives, schedule activities, schedule time with people. Just throwing that out there. I hope you will stay in touch with us. Let us know how you're doing. You are not alone.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar