By MarianneinLosAngeles Latest Activity March 12 at 8:23 pm Views 118 Replies 1

I am writing here today because I spent a full day at work, surrounded by people, feeling helplessly alone.

And I watched them, as they flitted about with laughter and energy and I enviously wondered how they could feel such a way. Meanwhile I was continuously soothing my nerves by talking to myself inside my own head, just to keep myself from crying.

I feel so alone like this, on most days, and am hoping to find a community who is able to accept me as I am here. I don't like feeling like I have to pretend to be happy.

I've struggled with depression, anxiety, poor body image, and eating disorders for most of my life.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA March 15 at 2:05 pm   

Hi Marianne, it's great to meet you. I am glad you found your way to Depression Connect. You are not alone! We are a community of people who understand what it's like to feel depressed because they are traveling the same road. My clients often talk to me about how they feel isolated from other people, watching them seemingly enjoy their lives while they feel like a lonely observer. I just have to ask if you are working with a mental health professional. This could help a lot. If you aren't sure where to start, you could even ask your doctor for a referral, doctors are often in touch with mental health professionals. Take good care of yourself! And keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar