New

By Moms_girl Latest Activity May 10 at 7:09 pm Views 197 Replies 1

Moms_girl

I'm new here and I want so much for my pain to go away. I want so much to be happy. No matter what I do my negative voice wins every time. I swear it makes me feel I'm crazy. I'm internally battling with myself. Mothers day is coming and the first since losing my mom. She lost her battle with ALS in August 2017. My best friend, My rock. And now I still have to be a mother and try and do my best when I am losing my mind at times. I am highly sensitive so my emotional pour out of me. I just want to learn how to start loving myself. I want this for me.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA May 16 at 11:05 pm   

Hey Moms_girl, it's good to meet you. I am glad you found your way to Depression Connect. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. ALS is such a terrible illness, and I know you must have suffered along with your mom as she battled this condition. I have found, as have my clients, that the first year after you lose someone you care about is especially difficult. Each day is another potential anniversary — birthdays, the holidays, Mother's or Father's Day, and all the little anniversaries you might share together. Each special day reminds you that the person you care about is no longer there to share it with you. Everybody experiences grief in their own way. I encourage you to allow yourself to grieve for your mom — cry when you need to. But also get lots of support. Telling the story is an important part of the grieving process. I hope you have people who will sit with you and listen, because each time you tell the story about losing your mom, something else clicks into place in your mind. The loss of a loved one leaves a hole that can never be filled quite the same, but by grieving, we learn to walk with that hole, and begin a new chapter in life. It could help a lot to talk with a counselor, to get some support during this difficult time. If you aren't doing that now, it is something to consider. And try to embrace your life - eat healthy, get rest, spend time with people, do things you enjoy. Take good care of yourself. And keep us posted. Let us know how you are doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar