Long term depression,anxiety and ptsd now causing digestive problems

By ClintBarton Latest Activity June 23 at 7:24 am Views 430 Replies 2

ClintBarton

Hi,

I have been suffering long term depression ,anxiety and ptsd caused by a number of things but have recently been plagued by digestive problems ,doctor seems to think i am creating the problems myself and that its all associated to my mental health . can any 1 else relate to this ? am I doing this to myself ? or is there other factors in play here ? without a heap of invasive tests that I might put myself through for no real reason I might never know . if others have had this same problem then could you describe your symptoms ,this may help me a lot in working out if its me or something else and give me the drive I need to pull out of this or get the medical help I may need ,any help would be appreciated.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://bit.ly/2K2LIi6
3D Product animation studio

Thanks!

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Donrsantos
    Donrsantos July 15 at 11:59 pm   
    Edited July 17 at 4:16 am by Donrsantos

For the past two years, I'm always feeling bad and lonely. I don't even remember being happy. I have family and good friends and they are all nice to me. But still, I feel lonely. Sometimes I cry a lot thinking about my life. These days I'm staying in my room most of the time doing nothing. I can't even do anything. If anybody says anything to me I will turn it into a bad thing. I don't know why this is happening and I tried therapy and took many antidepressants. Now I'm going to try Cognitive Behaviour Therapy at a clinic in Toronto(http://www.cognitivebehaviourtherapytoronto.c...). I don't know much about CBT but many people suggested it. But before spending money on it I would like to hear from the ones who tried it before. So please share your experiences.

• Dr GaryCA July 4 at 9:44 pm   

Hey ClintBarton, it's great to meet you. Welcome to Depression Connect! First, when my clients report physical symptoms to me, I always encourage them to first meet with a physician to see if there is anything going on physically. Sounds like you already did that. But I would still recommend meeting with a gastroenterologist, if you haven't already, to see if additional testing might be warranted. Having said that, it has been my experience that anxiety can cause various physical symptoms, and stomach distress is one of them. That may be your doctor's concern. If so, then getting some counseling could help a lot. A counselor could help you to learn some new coping skills, such as how to relax yourself when you are feeling anxious or fearful or stressed out. Learning how to relax might have an impact on your digestive problems or other physical symptoms, if they are connected. I am not a physician, but that has been my experience with my clients. Other techniques like using positive self-talk and finding positive distractions when you are anxious can also help. You didn't mention if your are seeing a counselor or a therapist, but that could help a lot! I hope you will stay in touch. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar