Psychological Assessment For Depression

By Donrsantos Latest Activity August 21 at 2:17 am Views 778 Replies 1

Donrsantos

"I've had anxiety and depression for years. Can't even get out of the bed. Sometimes feel alone and isolated. I don't know what to do. Already tried many antidepressants. Nothing resolved it.

Now I can't even do daily activities. I know I have negative thinking and I think my negative thinking causes depression. Though I don't know how to solve my problem. I tried to change it by doing simple tasks every day like, cleaning the house, going out and walking a little bit etc. But that's not enough.

And one of my friends suggested trying psychological assessment therapy. I don't know much about it. As far as I know, it's a good non-medication treatment for mood problems. Then I went to a clinic in Toronto that provides psychological assessment services and decided to try it. If anyone had any previous experiences please please share it. "

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr GaryCA August 29 at 8:54 pm   

Hi donrsantos, it's good to see you, my friend. I am sorry to hear you are suffering from anxiety and depression. As a therapist, I can tell you that there is a connection between negative thinking and depression. One leads to the other, or vice versa, but it is a cycle that just leads to more depression. Sounds like you are ready to reach out for help. I am not familiar with the term "psychological assessment therapy." I think of assessment and therapy as two separate things. First, a client goes through an assessment process. This usually means meeting with a mental health professional, talking about how you are feeling. The mental health professional will ask questions, "assessing" your symptoms and then, based on their assessment, formulating a diagnosis if the client is indeed experiencing mental illness, or determining the client is not mentally ill. The assessment may include psychological testing. Therapy is the actual treatment process, which would most likely involved regular meetings between the mental health professional and the client to help the client get better. Again, this is just my perspective on the term psychological assessment therapy. But I do encourage you to reach out to a mental health professional. What you are experiencing is treatable. Take good care of yourself. And please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar