Hi litleguscookie,

It's nice to meet you. I am really glad you checked in.

I am really sorry to hear about what you're dealing with. It's hard when your parents' marriage ends, it kind of leaves you feeling in the middle. And change is always hard.

Of course, I have to ask you if you are getting any kind of counseling. Are you getting some help from a mental health professional? It could help a lot to have someone objective, and trained, to talk with about what's going on, to get some new perspective, and some help in coping. It sounds like your mom is concerned about you, so maybe she would support you in getting counseling.

I couldn't tell from your question if you are still in school, but I am assuming you are. If so, you might want to talk to your school counselor or social worker, and ask for support. If you are college, you could check in at the college counseling center. Your health insurance will also cover counseling, so that is another idea.

I can't diagnose you, but the changes in appetite and not communicating can potentially be symptoms of depression. Only a mental health professional can make that determination after evaluating you in person. What you are experiencing is treatable.

I hope you will advocate for yourself. Talk to your mom about what's going on and ask for her support in getting some help, or reach out on your own to a mental health professional. Don't go through this alone.

And I hope you will stay in touch. Let me know how you're doing.

Take good care of yourself.


Answered By Answered by Dr GaryCA
  • Report Report as inappropriate
  • Share
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Comments (No comments)

Add your comment Reply Down
Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar